Can I just say...

Apparently no more than five minutes before I arrived at the bookstore for my shift yesterday, George Saunders (The Braindead Megaphone) was sitting in my office chair, talking on my phone, doing the pre-interview for his gig on Letterman. You can see a video clip of the show here (thanks to Ed for the link.) He was gone before I got there.

But the day wasn't a total loss. A couple of hours later Junot Diaz stopped by to sign stock of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao before his big reading uptown that night (thanks to Richard Grayson for the write-up), and he kissed me on the cheek not once, but twice.

And in the evening Edward P. Jones was in the store, fresh from an interview on Leonard Lopate (thanks to Maud for the link) to introduce writers from the anthology he just edited, New Stories from the South 2007.

Just one of those days, I guess.

Comments

Unknown said…
i want to tell you i really enjoy your blog, and wish you the best in your dream of owning your own bookstore! i love indie book stores and want to see them take over! i am a newly published author and wanted to ask you if you know if indie bookstores in general stock self published authors? my book is getting good reviews on amazon etc. but i dont know what else to do with it to get it seen, any suggestion?

Popular posts from this blog

"Switchblades, bicycle chains and adventuresome tailors": Colson Whitehead on Brooklyn literary culture

Link-Mad Monday: BEA 2007 and On!

House.